The parameters of social networking continue to expand, and fresh networks are popping up everywhere. Developers and creators are working side-by-side to invent the next Facebook, and the iPhone App Store is a fertile land for these newbies.
Which apps are the best? Well, the answer varies depending on who you are. Whether you are a sports junkie, photographer, student or stay-at-home mom – everyone will have different preferences.
But as a self-diagnosed social media fene, I’d like to share my Top 5 with you.
1. Tweetbot. Twitter is the #1 social media network in my world. It’s where I read the news, share with friends and most importantly, exchange with professionals I respect and admire. As a heavy user, I need my Twitter client to make the heavens rumble. Tweetbot offers interchangeable themes, mute buttons, a clean interface and multiple user-specific gears. But it rules my Twitterverse simply because it’s consistently good.
2. Camera+. As it is, I have 9 other photography apps on my phone, but Camera+ makes my heart warm ‘n fuzzy. It takes multiple shots quickly, offers a wide array of editing options and shares seamlessly. It’s the first app I recommend to everyone.
3. Instagram. While Camera+ is my fave app to take pictures and share them from a selfish viewpoint, Instagram is the app that allows me to step into the world of my friends through pictures. It’s simple, but that’s why it’s so close to perfect.
4. Yelp. I just moved, and Yelp is saving my life! Forget Google reviews or looking online – Yelp! It’s community is dedicated to reviewing everything from parks to gas stations. There isn’t any type of business Yelpers won’t Yelp about, and that rocks my new world.
5. Snapguide. Snapguide is a NEW community dedicated to sharing personal “how-to’s” inside a gorgeous interface. Scrolling along are directions to everything from planting an avocado tree to mouth-watering recipes. Members comment, “love” and share their creations or those of others. It’s going to be the next big thing!
So now that I’ve shared my current top faves, it’s your turn! Which social media apps are your favorite, and why can’t you live without them?