This is a guest post from Vern Maker, if you’d like to submit a guest post and join our adsense revenue sharing program, see here
There is no doubt that the Motorola Droid SmartPhone offered by Verizon Wireless is hotter than hot these days. And it’s not just tech-savvy individuals who are dedicated followers of what Droid does; the average cell phone user, from teeny-boppers to grandmothers are getting down with what Motorola’s wireless slam-dunk can do. Part of the universal frenzy around the Droid is due to the extensive library of apps it offers; the thousands of downloadble apps make Droid one of the best – if not the only –rivals to the app-centric iPhone. At almost one hundred dollars cheaper, there is no doubt why Apple is shaking in its boots. Check out the five best Droid Apps that are helping dethrone the iPhone as the most coveted SmartPhone.
1. Ringdroid – This awesome Droid app allows users to create their own ringtones from mp3s. All you need to do is upload your music collection onto your Droid and then get crackin’ – the app lets you customize what part of the song you want to make the ringer and how long you want the clip to be. As soon as your clip is processed it is immediately and easily available on your ringtone interface as an option. Oh, and it’s free. No more paying out the ying yang to have the coolest ringer in town.
2. Google Sky Map – For the ten year old astronomy enthusiast in all of us, the Google sky map impresses and awes by allowing the Droid user to display a map of the stars in line with how the phone is positioned. That means finding the Big Dipper to impress your girlfriend is way faster and way easier. Another awesome freebie for Droid users.
3. Twidroid – Twitter is a modern Smartphone must-have. Droid does Twitter in the Twidroid program, a free app that allows you to do just about everything you could do on your web browser: tweet, upload pictures, and share videos. For a small five dollar fee, you can get access to the “Pro” version of Twidroid that lets you run multiple Twitter accounts and shorten URLS right in your phone interface. This can come in handy so you can update your personal and alter ego accounts wherever you are.
4. Sherpa – Another awesome free app for Droid is Sherpa, an intelligent cool-place buddy that helps you find exactly what you didn’t know you were looking for. Based on your previous input, Sherpa compiles and anticipates your likes and dislikes to be able to point out shops, restaurants, parks, and other places of note on the map that you are likely to find interesting. That means you never need to face a boring Saturday again.
5. Pandora for Android – Forget the iPod; with the Droid you can bring the hit online radio site Pandora with you wherever you go. That means you can get access to your personal radio stations whether you are on the train heading home or in the kitchen cookie curry. Sure, there is an app for Pandora on the iPhone. But what makes the Droid app so special is it won’t crash while you run other applications, giving you access to constant free music regardless of where you are and what other apps you might be using.